Pomegranate-infused Lamb Roast
I love nothing better than a fabulous recipe with only three ingredients!
- leg of lamb, any size
- about 10 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- about 1 cup of either pomegranate syrup or the even thicker pomegranate molasses (not juice, must be really thick)
- Make small slits all over the roast sufficient to put a slice of garlic in each slit
- If the roast is floppy, truss it with cooking string
- Put the roast and the syrup in a sealed plastic bag in the refrig for 3 days, turning a couple of times a day if you remember. The less air in the bag, the less you'll need to turn it.
- Roast using any standard recipe for red meat roasts. If using Soay meat, be careful not to overcook it.
- Let the roast sit while you make a salad, slice a loaf of crusty bread, and decant the best bottle of red wine in your cellar.