Adapted from a recipe for "cocktail marbles" in Madame Benoit's
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/4 cup soy (not Soay!) sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine or put through a garlic press
- 1-2 tsps vegetable or olive oil
- 1/3 cup Oriental plum sauce (see note below)
- Mix together the lamb, garlic, and regular soy sauce with your hands.
- Form into small, marble-sized balls.
- Heat oil in large flat pan and add as many of the meat balls as will fit in one
- Cook over high heat, shaking pan to toss them so all sides brown. Do not overcook or
they'll be like rocks.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Warm up plum sauce, add cooked meat balls and cook for 5 more minutes, until hot and glazed.