Lamb Bone Soup
A great way to use the bone you cut out of the leg roast, either before or after cooking the roast
- 4-6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 1 lamb soup bone, meaty (using a raw one will yield a lot more flavor)
- 1-3 cups kidney beans that you've soaked overnight or taken out of a can
- 2 black cardamom pods (provides lots of smokey flavor)
- 1/2 tsp curry powder or to taste
- enough vegetable or chicken broth to cover everything
- Soak kidney beans overnight (or skip this step and use canned)
- Put all of this in a slow cooker. Set to low.
- Come back in 6-8 hours. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Eat as is with a loaf of crusty bread, or thicken first with flour or cornstarch.